Last week, I decided to take a trip to LA over the weekend. My boyfriend, Marijn and my dad were going to be there for work, so I jumped on the bandwagon. I was apprehensive about taking a trip all the way to the West Coast for just 48 hours, but in doing so, I learned something about myself. I've always loved traveling as many people do, but I realized it is something I need to do regularly like a muscle you need to exercise. Everytime I come back from a trip I find myself more eager to plan my next one!
Anyhow, I had so much fun (and was actually quite productive) that I am sharing what Marijn and I did, what we ate and what I wore during these two days. Maybe it will inspire you to take a trip there! This short trip taught me that if traveling is what I need to do to reset, then so it shall be! I am vowing to travel more, even if it isn't a very far distance. I am using this as an opportunity to see more of places in the US too as I am starting off with weekend trips. Next on my US wishlist is Montana, Utah, Colorado, Martha's Vineyard.
- Worked from a WeWork Playa Vista (Company I work for)
- Uber to Venice Beach around 5pm with camera in hand
- Randomly came across a skateboard shop on the boardwalk
- Bought a skateboard (not knowing how I would bring it back, but I managed!)
- Watched skateboarders ride in the skatepark while the sun sets over the ocean (photos below)
- Skateboarded down the bike path from Venice Beach to the Santa Monica Pier and back
- Shoped on Abbot Kinney! So many great stores and vintage shops
- Ate at Gjelina near Venice Beach and Abbot Kinney for dinner
- Woke up at 7am for photoshoot on Venice Beach (Early start is the trick to short trips)
- Sat on the beach and watch the early morning surfers
- Got acai bowls at Harvest Bowl (or anywhere else that sells acai bowls)
- Drove (or take Uber) to Beverly Hills and shop Rodeo Drive (window shop for me haha)
- Went to Urth Cafe in Santa Monica for a snack and drink
- Parked near Santa Monica Pier to watch this, skate a little and watch the sunset
- Did a little more shopping on Abbot Kinney if time allows
- Ate at Moonshadow in Santa Monica for Dinner
Shop My Looks
Over the course of two days, I wore two outfits as you may have already guessed plus the look that we shot for my collaboration with NA-KD. Check out all of the pieces from both looks in the carousel to the right!